- Typora and Zettlr, tied, for writing articles.
- Also, I just discovered that Focus Writer is super cute now! It has had an update since the last time I installed it, and I like the fresh look so much!
- Zim Wiki (always) for notes and journaling
- Xournal++ for notes on PDFs.
- Pithos for listening to Pandora stations on Linux without ads.
- PSNotes by Burn Software for small note taking and writing
- Netlify for static web sites
- Back to Ubuntu Mate from Pop OS. I gave it a good go, but sorry guys, Gnome is just not the desktop environment for me.
- Mythology by Edith Hamilton – it’s a book of Greek myths. Great fun.
- Also digging Viking Myths & Sagas by Rosalind Kerven
- I bought those these two books at Powells, and they are very pleasant with a cup of tea.
- The Alphasmart Neo. Great actually distraction free writing machine. Not distraction-free meaning a full screen app window, it’s a little keyboard with a small screen and all you can do is type. I love it for sitting outside and writing rambly journals and blog posts.
- Getting off the computer and listening to no music. Rocking out like it’s 1299 in my silent house. Regaining some chill! I bet people 1000 years ago were very chill. When they weren’t being pillaged by Visigoths or dying of the plague anyway.
- Chamomile and lavender tea with a bit of honey.
- Drinking less caffeine. I know it’s lame, but I feel a lot more chill.
- I don’t want to promote my business via social media, because I think proprietary, algorithm-driven social media is mostly a destructive influence, and I don’t want to support or participate in it. RSS however is great, and I’d love everyone to use that to follow my work. Or just use Pixelfed, which is a good thing.
Things I’m still Cranky About
- Calling computer programs “apps.” Who thought that was a better word, aside from Apple who just wanted to take over all computers with their branding?